December 13, 2013

Party perfect

'Tis the season... for many festive parties. I'm usually not a party person at all (my idea of a great weekend is being in bed with a good book), but this holiday season I've been itching to get out of the office and start spending quality time with friends who I don't work with!

Either that or working has driven me to drink...but I'd like to think the former.

Here are some outfits for some fabulous soirees:

Party Outfits

Art Deco Glam: Topshop dress ($130), ASOS earrings ($10), Natasha Couture box clutch ($38), Kate Spade shoes ($258)
Gunmetal Chic: Zara cropped top ($70), River Island skirt ($57), Forever 21 earrings and cuff ($5), Kate Spade clutch ($330), Jeffrey Campbell pumps ($150)
L(eopard)BD: Zara dress ($60), Zara heels ($50), Debenhams clutch ($30), Mango earrings ($28)

Art Deco Glam: I love this Gatsby-inspired dress that reflects the Gatsby obsession we've had all year but doesn't veer into costume territory. The box clutch and gold earrings are simple, chic, and don't distract from the embellishment on the dress. I love this pair of Kate Spade d'orsay flats - I chose flats because the dress is quite short, and I personally don't like wearing heels with super short dresses. Its subtle gold back is perfect for parties and to add some glam in everyday wear.

Gunmetal Chic: Oh for abs of steel!! I've seen this cropped top in person and it is beautiful. It's a little looser than most other cropped tops, so it's a little more classy. Paired with a high waisted grey skirt and a pair of hot red pumps, it's super on-trend and perfect for the holidays. I accessorized with an adorable Kate Spade clutch and a gorgeous gunmetal earring-cuff from Forever 21 -- it is insanely affordable and I think it just adds that perfect pop of grunge.

L(eopard)BD: Ah, the LBD. I like this one from Zara because it has a very sculptural shape on the body (click through to see the dress on a real person). And leopard is always the perfect accent. Topped with shoulder-dusting, over-the-top earrings (I mean, this is a party after all) and a pair of strappy gold sandals.

While I love all of these looks, the frank truth is that it's been freezing in the Bay Area lately (we had a frost warning last week!), so my version of a holiday look would probably be more in line with this outfit, but pairing it with some huge dangly earrings, black tights, and a pair of vertiginous black d'orsay pumps.

Happy holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Actually I hope you go here and am sure you find your solve.Because am face this same situation so am suggestion you go here.

    white graduation dresses

    ReplyDelete