December 9, 2013

One Outfit Monday: Asymmetrical Skirt

I've been looking for an asymmetrical hem skirt for the longest time -- something that was more exciting than a traditional pencil skirt but was not too over the top and inappropriate for the office. Behold -- this beauty from Vince Camuto, which checks all the right boxes and is affordable to boot!

OOM: Asymmetrical skirt

Mango bag ($100), Vince Camuto faux leather trim envelope skirt ($74), Uniqlo dark green silk shirt ($50), J.Crew Factory necklace ($20), Zara kitten heels ($80)

It looks awfully short in this picture, but on a human Nordstrom assures me it is only slightly over the knee. This can go with anything, really, that you would pair with a regular pencil skirt, so I paired it with my officewear basics, a silk shirt. I have this one from Uniqlo (and love it); it's such a deep mossy green. I would unbutton the top buttons and wear the necklace inside the collar, giving a pop of unexpected color.

The burgundy bag from Mango is such a steal, and dark greens and reds paired together always look so festive without being too Christmassy. Black tights, d'orsay kitten heels (too many trends in one shoe? Never!), and a camel coat would complete the look.

For beauty, I would wear my hair in a low pony tail and wear lashings of mascara with a berry stained lip. I love the Revlon Kissable Lip Balm Stains for an easy tint.

No comments:

Post a Comment