November 25, 2013

One Outfit Monday: Thanksgiving Traveling

Right now as I'm writing this, I'm sitting in my living room overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and feeling very overwhelmed. Thanksgiving is such a weird event to me - I've only celebrated it for the last 4 years and it is in no way a celebration with my family (currently scattered around the world in London, LA, Singapore, and me in SF). One of the unexpected pains of being so far away from home is never remembering the last time my family was all together in person.

There is so much to be grateful for this year, I know. This was simultaneously the worst year and the best year of my life, and I find that I'm still struggling to find myself in the middle of this crazy. I'd thought that the minute I signed my job offer I could let out a sigh of relief but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyhow, for those of you lucky enough to have family to travel to this Thanksgiving, here's an outfit for you!

Thanksgiving Traveling

SheInside sweater ($37), TOMS shoes ($75), Uniqlo Urban Fleece pants ($30), Herschel weekender bag ($80)

I am obsessed with this SheInside sweater - it's so adorable for the holidays!! Just a quick review of my recent SheInside purchases (1 sweater and 1 coat): I had read reviews online that said that SheInside sucked because they never could track their packages and their packages came super late. This was not the case for me at all. I received my items in the mail less than 2 weeks after placing my order, and I had a tracking number that I could refer to online. The quality isn't fantastic (I mean, my coat was under $40 so designer quality is not to be expected by any means), specifically the sleeve length, which was much shorter than measured/ expected.

TOMS shoes are so comfy and perfect for the plane because they are so easy to get in and out of. My pet peeve about plane travel is all those people who wear these complicated contraptions, like knee high boots with no zippers. Seriously. The gate check no longer comes as a surprise.

These Uniqlo pants are sadly now only available online and in New York, and I wasn't able to get my hands on them before they were shipped out of the SF store. But they are so soft and drape beautifully. Highly recommend.

Dan just bought this Herschel weekender bag and it is so adorable!! It can be used as a duffel or rolled as luggage and is so incredibly versatile and great for traveling. I am tempted to get one for myself.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment