November 18, 2013

One Outfit Monday: Casual Fall

Small confession: even though I have waxed lyrical about the short boot (aka: Sam Edelman Petty booties), I found it difficult to style and didn't know what to wear it with for the longest time. It was only 2 weeks ago when I figured out that the key to wearing it well was to cuff my pants and have a little bit of ankle showing. Here's an outfit I've been living in all week:

OOM: Cozy, Casual Fall

Uniqlo sweater ($30), Levi's jeans ($78), Modcloth mustard scarf ($20), Sam Edelman Petty booties ($130)

If I could get away with wearing the same thing everyday, I would. It's a little embarrassing how comfortable this outfit is, and is perfect for a more casual/ creative office, weekend wandering, to pop out to the grocery store... the options are endless.

This Uniqlo sweater is THE best buy of the season. I highly encourage you to run out and get it in multiple colors (I did) -- it's a heavy gauge knit that feels extremely substantial, is a little longer than a regular sweater, and has the perfect scoop neck line for all kinds of long necklaces and scarves.

Levi's Curve denim is seriously the best jeans I've found available at a reasonable price point. I love my jeans, but can't really stomach the thought of blowing $200 on a pair (7FAM, I'm looking at you!!). I've always had an issue with jeans riding down, so the bold curve denim is really a lifesaver. The skinny jean is the perfect Fall jean; I've worn it cuffed with my booties and tucked into taller boots.

Lastly, the accessories. The mustard scarf adds a nice pop of color and the Sam Edelmans - perfection. I always feel more chic with them on.

Small note: One Outfit Monday is a new series I'm starting on the blog, where I feature one outfit idea every Monday to kick start your week right.

No comments:

Post a Comment