November 20, 2013

Mushrooms: a love story

I mean when you find yourself saying things like, "All Trader Joe's needed to give me was crimini mushrooms. They had ONE JOB..."

You know you have a problem. Of the first world, mushroom variety.

In my defense, crimini mushrooms (the brown ones, y'all) work the best for a recipe I've been using all week for a simple and easy dinner for one. Inspired by a post on A Cup Of Jo, I've taken the already simple recipe and made it even more simple by using up weird ingredients I have in my fridge.

Roasted Mushrooms for even the cooking-challenged


Ingredients
5-6 sliced mushrooms (preferably crimini, but white works fine)
2 cloves of garlic, minced (or if you're like me, 2 tea spoons of pre-minced garlic)
1.5 tbsp of butter, cubed
Black pepper and sea salt, to taste
A handful of shredded cheddar

2 slices of nutty wheat bread

To make
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place mushrooms in oven-safe dish and toss with pepper, sea salt, and garlic. Dot butter, distributing evenly throughout dish. Cover with cheddar cheese. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes.

Lightly toast bread. When done, proceed to eat like a ravenous savage.

1 comment: