November 14, 2013

Fall beauty favorites

At the recent Sephora VIB sale, I went a little crazy and spent way too much money. The only redeeming thing about the entire endeavor is that I haven't bought anything at Sephora all year and focused on buying really good skincare-related stuff, like an Origins set and a cleansing water from Koh Gen Do (which is beautiful; so soothing and effective on the skin). I was such a good girl.

I've been transitioning my makeup to more muted colors as the weather cools down, so I'm here to share some recent Fall makeup favorites:

Fall beauty

For the lips: Buxom lip gloss in Dolly ($19) and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey ($6.50)
I love a berry stained lip for the Fall, but I run around a lot at work and can't deal with the upkeep of a really dark stained lip. The Revlon balm stain is a firm favorite, and I've recently been loving Honey, which is a dark pink-ish shade that leans mauve-y on my lips. It just makes me look very polished without seeming too "done" - the perfect look in my book.

The Buxom lip gloss - oh the praises I can heap on this little glossy tube. I was into gloss for a hot second when I was 13 and first discovered makeup but never really got into it until now. I am obsessed. There's a tingly, minty feeling when you first put it on your lips, and then it settles into the most soothing vanilla flavor. It's moisturizing, not too sticky, and the plummy color it gives to the lips is really beautiful for Fall.

For the eyes: Maybelline 24h eyeshadow Bad to the Bronze ($6)
Can't say that I'm the type to fuss with eyeshadow (I prefer liquid eyeliner, cat eye flick, done in 5 seconds), but this is the one-sweep shade for the lid. One swipe with the finger and a few coats of mascara and it's the perfect eye look for those days when you want a bright lip and liquid eyeliner just seems a little too much.

For the cheeks: NARS blush in Sin ($29) and Benefit Watt's Up! highlighter ($30)
I think my love for NARS blush is well-documented. The two blushes I use the most frequently are NARS, and Sin is no exception. Just buttery soft, imparts the perfect color, stays on forever. I don't personally own Sin yet unfortunately (I own its close cousin, Doceur - which is also a perfect shade for the fall), but I think its berry shimmer is super beautiful and might just take the plunge as a Christmas gift to myself.

The Benefit highlighter is not something I thought I would like - I'm perfectly content with my Dior Amber Diamond, thank you very much. But when I received this as part of my Sephora birthday gift, I had to try it, and now I'm in love. It's a light champagne shade that works really well as an inner corner highlight or in the bow of your lip. I think my travel sized one is a little too small for the cheeks (mine leaves these weird stripes that I then need to furiously blend out), but I think the full-sized one with the sponge at the end would be beautiful as a soft highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment