September 16, 2013

Some good reads this week: Sept 16th



1) Business of Fashion (one of my all-time favorite websites) interviews Linda Wells, Allure's editor. My favorite quote comes at the end: "It takes work. You have to learn everything and keep your eyes open and push things beyond their ability and do things before you get recognition for it."

2) Why expensive things seem so much better.

3) The 9th issue of Kinfolk is out! The theme this issue is Weekends. Kinfolk is such a thoughtfully curated magazine and I can't wait to get my hands on this issue.

4) I'm also really excited about this Skillshare class: The Art of Modern Calligraphy by Molly Jacques. It's 20% off for a limited time, bringing the price of this online class to only $16.

5) The Mindy Project's second season premieres tomorrow, so this old profile on Mindy Kaling (one the most hilarious people on television) needs to be revived.

6) Support the arts - the New York Opera has turned to Kickstarter to raise $1M by the end of September. This makes me so sad.

Image is Emily McDowell's "Strangers on the Internet" print. One of my favorite illustrators.

No comments:

Post a Comment