August 9, 2013

Beauty buys on my radar

My skin has been inept lately. I think the reasons for this are a mix of: 1) crappy lifestyle where I get home at 10pm and scarf down some microwaved dino nuggets (from Costco, seriously the best thing ever), 2) sheer laziness, where all I want to do when I'm home is fall facedown in bed, and 3) committing the cardinal sin of sleeping without taking my makeup off.

Looks away shamefaced.

I know, I know. I need to change my LIFE. But I'll start with my skin. Here are some skincare/ beauty buys that are on my radar, even though I'm fully aware the first step is to actually USE the ones I currently have:

1) Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque ($23)
I had a sample that I used to the very last drop and I loved it. It reminds me of the Aesop Parsley Seed Mask but is less than half the cost (!), and though my heart is still very much with my Aesop mask, I’m afraid my wallet cannot be. My skin is brightened and deeply cleansed after use, but it doesn’t make my (extremely dry/ dehydrated) skin tight and uncomfortable, which I find many mud masks to do. All in all a great little trooper and a mask that is next on my to-purchase list.

2) Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm ($28.50)
Caroline Hirons is my go-to skincare guru, so when she says that this Clinique face balm works well and is great, well then. I've been wanting to try the Emma Hardie cleansing balm but it's so expensive and only available in the UK - this balm from Clinique is so much more affordable and easily available (no begging my brother to bring this home for me). I'm running out of my L'Occitane cleansing milk and am looking to shake things up a little with my skincare, so this will probably be the next cleanser I purchase!

3) Nuxe Lip Balm ($19)
Essie Button, one of my favorite Youtubers (Dan recognizes her voice now because I'm always on her Youtube channel...) recommended this in a recent empties video, and that's pushing me over the edge into purchasing it. I've heard good things about it from others as well and my lips are terribly dry. I have no idea why, but SF weather is crazy and cracked lips are painful and not cute. The only thing stopping me is the PRICE. I cannot possibly justify paying 19-freaking-dollars for lipbalm when I have legions of free chapstick.... decisions.

Any beauty buys you have your eye on/ need to recommend to a dry skinned, lazy, overworked and perpetually tired girl? (That was such a poor and yet sadly accurate description of myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment