July 10, 2013

Currently obsessed: mixed prints

Not so lately, I've been super obsessing over the prints that Peter Pilotto, Mary Katrantzou, and Proenza Schouler have been showing on the runways and that stars like Emma Watson have been wearing to such perfection. This is most definitely not news, guys. But the question always remains: how to wear these prints on a normal person day without looking like a pattern monster spat up on you?

Enter: the mixed printed cotton dress.

mixed prints

From left: Zara printed dress, Topshop top and skirt, and Uniqlo x Suno dress

I'm pretty sure my next purchase is going to be this Zara dress. Simple, chic cotton with pockets (!). It just looks incredibly easy and perfect for brunch with friends or a trip to the farmers' market. I would wear this with a messy braid and some poppy red lips, and accessorized with some flat brown sandals and a crossbody bag.

This Topshop outfit is a little out of my comfort zone, but I just fell in love with the bright yellow and love the gradient of the checks - reminded me so much of Louis Vuitton without being a total knock off. I would wear the top a little cropped, and pair it with a low bun and a very clean face (fresh, bright, "no makeup" makeup). For some British punk, I would add nude oxford flats and maybe even a punchy baseball cap: think Eva Chen or Mary Kate Steinmiller.

I actually own and adore this Suno dress. It has a great swingy shape perfect for fat days and future pregnancies, but I love how prim and nerdy I feel all buttoned up. I've worn it with a black blazer and flats for work, but this is really more of a weekend look because of its length on me. This is basically an outfit in itself! Plus there are pockets. I mean really, a dress that combines everything I love about dresses couldn't really exist elsewhere.

So, yay/ nay to mixed printed dresses? You obviously know my answer... yay all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment