June 3, 2013

May Favorites

My new scientific theory is that time speeds up the older you get, because there is no way it is now June. Highlights of the month include hanging out with my family, graduating, and working really, really hard (and loving every minute of the experience, especially when your boss gives you a high five at the close of a great event!)

My first May favorite should come as no surprise, with all my obsessive Instagramming of graduation and taking a million pictures in my cap and gown:


1. Graduation bear from family, cap with the proud "Class of 2013" blue and gold tassel, and the gold pin signifying my graduation from the best university in the world

Woohoo! My graduation bear, especially, is just the sweetest present ever from my family. The bear is one of my old teddy bears that a dear friend bought for me from Harrods, and they bought all the graduation gear. My mum sewed on the blue bands on the graduation gown so that there would be some blue to match the gold, and my grandpa bought the bear a Casio watch to (kinda) match the one he got for me for Christmas last year! Just all in all the sweetest and most thoughtful graduation present ever. My REAL grad present - a black bag from a designer of my choice (I'm leaning towards the YSL Cabas ChYc) to come when we visit France next year!

Speaking of watches:


2. Casio watch and Madewell bangle

This is the watch my grandpa gave me for Christmas last year and I've been wearing it everyday with my silver Madewell bangle, which I got when Madewell was having a ridiculous sale. I need a watch for work, and I've been really loving this simple arm combo  to pair with my all-black outfits.


3. Rebecca Taylor dress and Kate Spade New York Rainey dress

I showed a sneak peek of the Rebecca Taylor dress in my April favorites, but I've been saving it for graduation. I wore the Rebecca Taylor to general commencement, and the Kate Spade dress to Haas commencement. LOVE both of them so much - they perfectly capture my style and were so comfy to wear under my black gown. I can see myself wearing these dresses over and over again and always remembering the special moment of graduation when I do so! I bought the Rebecca Taylor dress at a Saks sale for around $120, and my mum bought me the Kate Spade dress when we were at the Dessert Hills outlets on our SoCal roadtrip for around $130. I've loved the Rainey dress for so long (first saw it when reading about the Garance Dore collaboration and then Lauren Conrad wore it!) and jumped at it when I saw it at a more affordable price at the outlet.


4. Clarks sandals

These new Clarks sandals are my footwear of choice for the summer. I love the color, how sturdy it feels on my feet, and how it's still office-appropriate even though it's a sandal! This has been one of the most responsible footwear purchases I've made in a while, and I haven't stopped wearing it since I bought it a few weeks back.


 5. Essential oils: lavender, peppermint, and "Stress Away"

I've been really, really stressed the entire month of May with work and life in general, and I've been getting these terrible migraines and jaw pain. I've always suffered from bad migraine attacks, but they've never been this frequent and I've NEVER had jaw pain the likes of what I've been suffering the past 3 weeks. My mum has been really into essential oils, and we've been laughing it off, but God help me, I think they really work. I use the lavender and peppermint oils every morning and use the lavender oil to massage my jaw every time my TMJ pops up. Before big events or particularly stressful work days, I rub the "Stress Away" oil on the back of my neck. I think it's really helping me cope with my stress, even if it's such psychological or taking the 5 seconds to breathe deeply in.

That's it for my May favorites! This month was a spending anomaly because my parents were in town and they bought me almost everything in this post, but I feel horribly guilty now for spending so much and I'm stopping myself from purchasing anything non-essential this upcoming month. Fingers crossed I'll do better with spending in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment