May 18, 2013

Quietly awesome beauty products

So lately I've been sucked into the black hole that is the beauty Youtube community, and have fallen prey to their love for the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains (this one I truly love, and was featured in my April Favorites post), Revlon lip butters (no. Did nothing for my lips), REN glycolic acid face mask.... the list goes on.

But there are some products that I absolutely love and would never do without that have yet to receive their due Youtube/ beauty blogger praise. This is obviously unacceptable, and so I present 3 picks for beauty products that are quietly awesome:


1. Givenchy Photo'Perfexion foundation, $48
So confession time: I didn't even realize Givenchy had a makeup line until I went to Sephora for Chic Week and spoke with their brand ambassador. This foundation is just incredible - so lightweight that you can barely feel it on your skin, but enough coverage so that your skin looks pretty darn perfect. It is pretty pricey, but I've never tried a foundation I liked so much that I actually bought it on the spot.

After using it daily for a couple of weeks, I've realized that it does cling to dry spots a little (which is a problem for me) and that my shade might not be as perfect as a match I thought it was in the store, but I'm going in to exchange it for another color and this will conclude the foundation holy grail search.

2. Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream, $34
I've used this for a while and this is the only eye cream that really works for me to clear out my dark eye circles. And if you've seen me, you know how bad those are. I have the tiny sample version that came in a set with the Porefessional primer. I've used it for a few months and still have product left, so a little goes a long way and it is amazing.

3. L'Occitane Shea Cleansing Milk, $22
This makes cleansing my face a lovely ritual. I massage one pump of this into my made up face, soak a face towel in warm water, and wipe it off - my face is left cleansed, never tight, and feeling like I had a mini facial. Really. My skin has never looked this good and the smell of this is just divine. So clean and perfect. I use face towels from Ikea, and their roughness also exfoliates my face just the right amount.

Any other secretly amazing beauty products you can't live without? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment